Style: Squire – Wood: Oak – Finish: Aged – Lens: Gradient Lens
We named this style ‘Squire’ after the many gentlemen of high social standing who resided at The Moat House, Appleby Magna during medieval times.
These wayfarer inspired, wooden sunglasses in AGED OAK, are crafted ‘by human hand’ at our workshop in North Devon, England, assuring you of the high standard of craftsmanship you would expect from a British manufacturer.
Durable, lightweight and comfortable, these beautiful unisex sunglasses are an essential summer accessory for those who don’t follow the herd!
This product comes with a Category 1 Brown Gradient Lens. Other lens options are available.
Please see below for more information and FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q) If I order online and I am not 100% happy with my purchase, can I return them for an exchange or refund?
- A) So long as the item arrives back with us in unused condition, in the original packaging and a proof of purchase is provided, we will return or refund the product with no questions asked within 30 days of purchase.
- Q) What lenses do you use?
- A) We offer a variety of lenses from standard brown through to polarised which reduce glare from water etc. All lenses conform to the European standard and offer full UV400 protection.
- Q) Do the frames break easily?
- A) We cross bond the wood grains to make them as robust as they possibly can be. Obviously care must be taken with your sunglasses and we recommend keeping them in a hard case when not being worn.
- Q) What happens if I break them?
- A) If repairable, we repair them for you, at cost. If not able to repair them, we will replace them for you and offer you a 20% discount from our online prices.
- Q) Are they water-proof?
- A) We use a sweat / water-resistant, oil/wax to finish the frames so they will tolerate some moisture but we would not recommend immersing them in water for long periods of time.
- Q) Is the oil you use suitable for sensitive skin?
- A) The oil/wax we use is very skin friendly and suitable for children’s toys. It does not contain any nasty chemicals. It is kind to human, plant and animal. If, however, you doexperience a reaction, please refrain from contact immediately and seek medical advice.
- Q) How do I take care of my Moat House Wooden Sunglasses?
- A) Keep your Moats in a hard case when not in use. They can be revitalised with Danish oil or natural beeswax. Please do not clean lenses with solvent based lens cleanser, use a lint-free cloth.
Moat House Eyewear Ltd guarantees your sunglasses against manufacturing defects for 90 days from the date of purchase. We reserve the right to determine manufacturing defects versus accidental damage, and we require proof of purchase such as:
- Your moat-house.com order number.
- Photograph of the physical receipt showing date of purchase and retailer name.
- Photograph of your bank statement with a visible and highlighted purchase date and retailer name.
If a product is considered defective, we will repair or replace the product free of charge.
All claims must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and photographs highlighting the defect should accompany the email.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.